Originally developed during World War 2 and used extensively by the American military in the jungles of Vietnam, jungle boots are nice lightweight boots suitable for hot climates with a few surprising features that you won't find in other boots. While genuine issue ones are not so easy to come by, there are some excellent replicas on the market.
Although designed for jungle environments, much of the military use them in various combat environments. And of course they can be used by civilians for general walking or hiking.
Which are the best Jungle Boots? Before you buy, be sure to make an informed decision. Check out the pros and cons below.
Reasons to buy Jungle Boots
- The fabric uppers make these boots nice and lightweight
- The anti-clog sole is great if you're walking over muddy/leafy areas
- Screened eyelets allow water to escape if you wade through rivers
- If you're into the Vietnam war era then you'll appreciate this style
- Can be securely laced around the ankle but provide good flexibility
- Fabric and vents provide good breathability
- An inexpensive buy
Reasons not to buy Jungle Boots
- Some people say the sizing comes up small
- Only available in regular/medium width
- May leave marks on wooden/polished floors
- Not waterproof
- Not safety boots
- No half sizes available
- Not available in children's sizes
Cheapest price currently available: £30Buy now